Reports to: General Manager
Based at: New World Business Centre, Station Road, Warmley, Bristol BS30 8XG
To plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of Point of Sale material to UK companies, in accordance with agreed business plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts by main market sector.
- Cold calling business and sub distributors to sell a range of Point of Sale material.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Setting and attending client visits across UK and overseas.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Tendering for contracts, maximising profits.
- Working to sales targets.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Drive project through from start to completion.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Manage the external marketing agency activities of telemarketing and research.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Attend to exhibition shows and networking meetings.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for demonstrating, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of point of sale materials.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- ICT skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and email.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behaviour.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Experience in a Sales Executive role, within a B2B environment.
- Experience in point of sale products.
- Experience of managing marketing agency activities.
- Positive and professional outlook and appearance.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Empathic, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Self-confident. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Mature approach, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives.
- Persistent in the face of obstacles.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Results-oriented. Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks. Clear focus on high quality standards and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Independent in developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- High level of resilience to stress. Able to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Able to work flexibly, beyond contracted hours when required.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK. Able to spend one or two nights away per month.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player, collaborative approach. Analytical Thinking - Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.